Administrative Assistant – Maintenance
Spokane Transit is in the middle of a dynamic 10-year plan called STA Moving Forward. The purpose of this plan is to maintain, improve, and expand transit services throughout Spokane County to meet the needs of our growing community. We are looking for an exceptional admin professional to provide top notch administrative support to our Vehicle Maintenance and Facilities Maintenance Departments.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- A team player who is open and honest
- Very detail oriented
- A master of time management
- Skilled at keeping highly accurate records
- Great at composing documents, reports, and correspondence
- Consistently successful with managing projects and completing them on time
- Accurate when managing files, records, and coordinating with other departments
- Starting wage of $19.23 per hour (Wage range $19.23 – $26.58 per hour)
- Annual pay step increases
- Robust medical plans with affordable monthly premiums
- Dental plan with affordable monthly premiums
- WA State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) defined benefit plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $25/month
- Basic life and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive vacation & sick leave
- 7 paid holidays plus 4 floating holidays
- Free bus passes for employee and dependents
- Onsite workout facility
- Cell phone carrier discount
- Gym membership discount
Examples of Duties
As an Administrative Assistant, you will support the Maintenance Managers and their staff. During the course of your day you might process work orders and purchase requisitions, enter preventive maintenance data into various information systems, and maintain department documents. Your organizational skills will be greatly appreciated as you prepare reports, help with payroll and attendance, maintain a master calendar for the department, and reconcile account balances. Using your well-developed communications skills, you will compose letters, memos, and maintain a book of all postings for safety notices and other communications directed to employees. As you grow and increase your knowledge of policies, procedures, and practices, you will become a vital information hub for those around you and the organization as a whole.
Education and Experience
- Three years performing clerical and administrative work experience
- Ability to work with detailed information with ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- Advanced knowledge and high proficiency levels with Microsoft Office products, including Outlook and Excel
- Knowledge of modern office management techniques
- Ability to keep complex records, compose correspondence and perform routine office management details independently
- A positive attitude
- Great customer service skills
- Ability to keyboard at 50 words per minute accurately
Interested in Applying?
Qualified individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. A cover letter and resume are required with your online application. Please apply online by clicking on the hyperlink below. This position is open until filled.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.