Spokane Transit is looking for an Experienced Procurement Coordinator! The Purchasing department is a small team with a BIG job and they need a highly motivated person who is a great team player and is knowledgeable of the Purchasing environment. Spokane Transit is in the middle of a dynamic 10-year plan called STA Moving Forward. The purpose of this plan is to maintain, improve, and expand transit services throughout Spokane County to meet the transportation needs of our growing community. The Procurement Coordinator will directly impact STA’s ability to access materials and supplies to help a great city move!
- Salary Wage Range ($61,700 – $82,684)
- Robust medical plans with affordable monthly premiums
- Dental plan with affordable monthly premiums
- WA State Public Employee’s Retirement System (PERS) defined benefit plan
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA) employer contribution of $50/month
- Basic life and long-term disability insurance
- Competitive vacation & sick leave
- Free bus passes for employee and qualifying dependents
Examples of Duties
- Coordinate and manage purchase of materials, finished products, supplies, capital improvements and equipment, and contract services for Spokane Transit.
- Assist in the development of purchasing policies and procedures in accordance with statutory requirements and good business practices.
- Investigate new products and systems and conduct cost-of-work analysis to evaluate potential savings through change of systems and equipment.
- Prepare and issue Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) and Invitation for Bids (IFB’s). Review scopes of work and general bid specifications, conduct pre-bid interviews and analyze quotations and/or proposals. Evaluate and recommend the selection of suppliers.
- Maintain a system of inventory management to include: oversight and development of inventory classifications, maintaining minimum stock levels and inventory balance, establishing stock and parts identification system, issuance of materials from stock to user departments, and periodic cycle counting.
- Assists with preparing departmental budget, managing approved funds, and maintaining all purchasing records, data, and information to include general purchase and price records, parts history, stock consumption records, bid specification files, materials and standards specification files, catalog files, and all other records required to assure the effectiveness and efficiency of the purchasing function.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or public administration with a preferred emphasis in purchasing or materials management, and three years related work experience including direct responsibility for procurement contract management, specification preparation, inventory control and employee supervision. The educational requirement may be substituted, on a year for year basis, with related post-secondary education, training, professional certification, and/or additional qualifying work experience.
- Have considerable knowledge of contract/procurement language, terms and conditions and current, effective purchasing, inventory and administrative practices and methods.
- Have the ability to review, understand and potentially write specifications of a legal and technical nature.
- Learn rapidly the activities, policies and procedures of the transit organization and all applicable local, state, and federal laws, regulations and procedures relating to contracting and procurement.
- Keep complex records, compose complex and detailed correspondence and technical specifications.
- Possess a high level of effective communication both written and orally with attention to detail and customer service.
Interested in Applying?
Qualified individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. Please include a Cover Letter and Resume as an attachment to your online application in order to receive consideration. If you have questions regarding this position or need assistance, please contact David, HR Specialist, via email [email protected]. This position is open until filled.
Spokane Transit is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity/race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status.